'Killers outside, my son is in prison'

img
MARDİN - Stating that his son was chosen as a 'victim', the father of Şerif Mesutoğlu, who was accused of killing Derik District Governor Muhammed Fatih Safitürk and sentenced to aggravated life imprisonment demanded from Safitürk family to share all the information and the documents they have with the public regarding the killing of the Governor.
 
The Governor and the appointed trustee of Derik district of Mardin province, Muhammed Fatih Safitürk lost his life when home made explosives that had been placed in his office blasted. After the incident police officers launched an operation in the district and detained 71 people, 15 out of which were arrested. Mardin's 3rd Heavy Penal Court gave the rule  for the pending action regarding the incident. The court ruled that 14 defendants shall be acquitted of all charges.  The former chief editor of the district Governor, Şerif Mesutoğlu, was sentenced to two-times aggravated life imprisonment and 28 years of prison on charges of “breaking the unity of the state and the integrity of the country”, “planned willful murder of the person because of their public duty” and “possessing explosives”. Other defendant Fikret Deniz was sentenced to 5 years of prison on charges of "Opposition to the law on firearms and knives and other tools". 
 
The 16th Criminal Chamber of the Supreme Court of Appeals, where the appeal for the file was carried, approved the court's rule in its decision announced on June 11
 
MY SON WAS CHOSEN AS A 'VICTIM'
 
Mesut Çelik (66), father of Şetif Mesutoğlu, said that his son was chosen as a "victim" in the bomb attack against the district Governor Safitürk as he stated that the sentence is unfair and unlawful. Saying that his son had only been working in the Governor's Office for a month as he started to work with the request of the Governor Safitürk, Çelik said, "When my son was leaving the building to transfer the money deposited by the Ministry the explosion occured. So he was also injured in the explosion."
 
Mentioning that even though his son went back to the building of the Governor's Office and helped the first-aid of the Governor, he was battered and affronted by the Chief of the District Police Department.
 
EVIDENCE WAS SPOILED
 
Stating that all the evidence related to the incident was spoiled after the explosion, Father Çelik expressed, “There are a number of security cameras in the surrounding buildings which include district office in their field of vision. Apart from these, there are two panzers waiting in front of the Governor's office and they also have a camera. All these cameras were taken immediately after the explosion, but none of the footages they recorded was examined for 4 years since then."
 
THREATENED WITH DEATH
 
Çelik also reminded that his son was subjected to torture under police custody. "They asked my son to give them a name and they told him if he gives them a name he would be release. My son said that he could not slander anyone and he refused this offer. My son was then told that they would arrest him and kill him in prison," Çelik noted.
 
CALL TO THE SAFİTÜRK FAMILY
 
Stating that his son is innocent and punished unfairly father Çelik said that the killers of District Governor Safitürk are still outside and the killers are the ones who spoiled the evidence. Çelik demanded from Safitürk family to share all the information and the documents with the public regarding the killing of the Governor so that the facts would be revealsed and his son would be exculpated.
 
 

View More Articles

04/08/2021
14:39 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application to visit İmralı
11:54 Having killed Kurdish family of 7, Altun is on the run for 6 days now
11:46 Massacre in Ain Issa: Turkish army kills father and three kids
09:51 'Hotels are built on areas destroyed from fires in the west while police stations are built in the east'
09:51 Rotating hunger strike in prisons enters day 251
09:08 Fire advances to thermal power plant in Milas
03/08/2021
16:31 Only survivor of the Dedeoğulları family: It all started with them insulting the Kurds
13:34 Rotating hunger strike enters day 250
13:33 Perpetrator of the racist attack hasn't been caught yet 5 days after the massacre
13:10 Çetin Dedeoğulları from murdered family in Konya to give statement
12:34 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with Öcalan
12:34 Şenyaşar Family: Everyone in Turkey are crying out for justice
12:34 MA reporter Sezgin tortured under custody: This is a state policy
02/08/2021
13:02 Şenyaşar family staging sit in in front of the courthouse, prosecutor on summer vacation
13:00 Relatives of Kurdish family murdered in Konya: We were attacked because we are Kurdish
10:16 Hunger strike in prisons enters day 249
10:15 Racist attack against Kurdish seasonal agriculture workers: Family had to leave their village
01/08/2021
11:42 Racist groups stopping people on the roads, looking for Kurds!
10:49 Mehmet Altun, perpetrator of the racist attack still at large:
31/07/2021
17:43 Relative of the murdered family: They will win if we cry
12:59 10 detained following racist attack
12:32 Perpetrator of 7 Kurds in Konya came as a guest, fired 20 bullets
12:32 Lawyer of murdered Kurds in Konya: Killer is in contact with the previous attackers
12:10 Journalists following racist massacre blocked by police
12:00 Record of Konya Police Chief Dinç: Hrant Dink murder, October 10 Massacre, Sontora murder and Konya Massacre
11:52 Call for participation in protest for the murder of 7 Kurdish people
11:51 Diyarbakır Bar starts Justice Watch following murder of 7 Kurds in Konya
11:35 Second racist attack on Kurdish Family: 7 people murdered
24/07/2021
12:48 3 politicians detained by the KDP, missing for 45 days!
11:15 Hunger strikes in prison enters day 240
11:14 Şenyaşar Family: Guardians of justice will always be there
23/07/2021
11:04 Autonomous Administration: Turkey violates Syria's independence
21/07/2021
15:40 HDP blames government for racist attack on Kurdish seasonal workers
15:33 Racist attack against Kurdish family: 1 person died
13:55 Şenyaşar Family: Let's put an end to this cruelty
12:21 Kurdish family attacked in Ankara
19/07/2021
15:46 Border traders tortured at Iran- Turkey border
16/07/2021
16:02 Ömer Gergerlioğlu's parliamentary seat will be returned
13:10 Are the guns buried in the lands belonging to rangers the ones lost during the coup attempt?
12:56 Buldan warns HDP may not support opposition in next election again
15/07/2021
14:25 Fire in Besta grows with fire opened from military helicopter
14:25 Boğaziçi University | Vice rector appointed as acting rector
14:24 Boğaziçi University’s appointed rector Melih Bulu removed from office
13/07/2021
14:05 Şenayaşar family calls on possible witnesses to Urfa Courthouse
12/07/2021
10:59 TİHV: 4 out of 10 people are exposed to sexual torture
09/07/2021
15:58 People of Diyarbakır doesn't want Erdoğan while streets are under police blockade for his arrival
14:40 'CPT does not want to be on the side of the solution'
07/07/2021
15:20 Rotating hunger strike in prisons enters day 223
15:19 Dutch Parliament recognises ISIS massacre of Yazidis as genocide
15:18 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with Öcalan