'What happened in Kilyos Cemetery is not independent from Zilan and Dersim Massacres'

img

İSTANBUL - Stating that the bodies buried in Kilyos had been buried in Garzan Cemetery within the knowladge of the government, NGO represantatives pointed out that this was not independent from Dersim and Zilan Massacres.

282 bodies were exhumed from Garzan Cemetery on December 19, 2017 while Garzan Cemetery located in Oleka Jor village of Bitlis, without informing the families of the dead. The bodies were first taken to İstanbul Forensic Medicine Institude (ATK) and later they were buried under a sidewalk in Kilyos Cemetery located in İstanbul. While 22 bodies were delivered to their families following the DNA match, 260 bodies are still waiting to be delivered to their families under a sidewalk in Kilyos Cemetery.
 
Stating that it is a shame to bury people under a sidewalk, Non Governmental Organization (NGO) representatives said that shame will continue as long as the bodies are buried there.
 
'TURKEY HAVE COMMITTED A CRIME'
 
Human Rights Association (İHD) Istanbul Branch President Gülseren Yoleri, who stated that the peace process was terminated and many cases of humans' rights violations occured after that, said that burying the bodies under s sidewalk without the knowladge of their families is a hostile behavior. Stating that the attacks against cemeteries is the ultimate violation of rights, Yoleri said: "Turkey have violated both its own laws and the international laws doing this, and therefore committed a crime."
 
REMINDER OF ZILAN AND DERSIM MASSACRES
 
Stating that the Kurds are being described as 'separatist, terrorists and bandits' since the establishment of the republic, Anatolia Association of Solidarity with the Families Who Lost Their Relatives (ANYAKAY-DER) Co-Chair Şehmuz Işık said that's why the Kurds have been subjected to numerous massacres. Recalling that tens of thousands of people who were killed in Dersim and Zilan massacres have been buried in mass graves, Işık said these incidents are not independent from eachother. Drawing attention to the fact that attacks against the dead of the Kurds is not a new thing, Işık said: "We can give countless examples such as those whose ears and heads have been cut, or the bodies being left at the conflict zone to rot, or them being buried in pits without religious ceremonies."
 
'THEY WERE BURIED WITHIN THE KNOWLADGE OF THE GOVERNMENT'
 
Emphasizing that the bodies were buried under these sidewalks withing the knowladge of the government, Işık said: "Following the termination of the peace period, Garzan Cemetery was destroyed and the bodies there were moved without the knowladge of the families and buried under a sidewalk in Kilyos. This situation is not acceptable in any way. It is a crime both in terms of human rights and universal law. We will follow the issue in order to punish this crime and deliver the bodies to their families."
 
Stating that the burial of these bodies under a sidewalk is a disgrace, Işık stated that all political parties and non governmental organizations should stand up to this persecution.
 
MA / Erdoğan Alayumat

View More Articles

28/09/2021
16:22 Turkey prepares for a new operation against the east of Euphrates
13:37 HDP MP Hatimoğulları: Two armed civillians came to my door claiming they are police officers
13:37 Syrian Foreign Minister: We will get Turkey and the USA out of Syria
13:36 Newly elected Norway MP Aydar: If women are not free, society is not free
11:07 Civillians not allowed in their villages for years
11:05 Police intervenes Students without Shelter in two cities: Scores detained
27/09/2021
16:34 Journalist Aykol: Now it's time for the People's Alliance to take a step
15:57 Academics from Boğaziçi University continues protests for 178 days
15:30 HDP calls for Twitter storm with the hashtag #DemokrasiyeÇağrı
15:29 HDP Delegation visits Federated Kurdistan Region
15:26 What's on the table at the Sochi meeting?
13:26 Şenyaşar family: Implement the laws
11:46 HDP Calls for Democracy, Justice and Peace: We are ready for a common struggle and a common administration
10:39 Former PKK member 'persuaded' to return, sentenced to life imprisonment
26/09/2021
10:14 Students Without Shelter: If you can't solve housing for students, resign
25/09/2021
17:10 FSA hostage sends 10 seconds voice clip to family member
12:16 Northern and Eastern Syria Autonomous Administration starts contacts in the USA
12:15 Şenyaşar Family: The struggle for rights, law and justice grows
12:13 Turkey reduced the Euphrates water flowing into Northern Syria to less than 200 cubic meters
12:09 Student dormitory occupied by soldiers and guards
24/09/2021
20:37 Criminal complaint from family of murdered HDP employee
16:49 200th day of the Justice Watch: Demands of Şenyaşar family are our demands
15:54 CİSST Legal Advisor: Jurisdiction handed over to prison administrations
15:53 Günay: Öcalan has repeatedly stated that the place for solution is Parliament
11:10 Galatasaray Square under police blockade again
11:09 People of Van says solution is not possible without Öcalan
23/09/2021
15:39 Özcan’s son, who lost his life in prison: we dont know the cause of death
15:02 Tuncel: I have no expectations, I rejected your court board
13:47 Kobané Case: Altınörs says the case is legally stillborn
12:58 Drought reduces water in Van lake
12:57 Şenyaşar family lawyers calls on colleagues to court house
22/09/2021
16:12 Asrın Law Office: Talking about the Kurdish question without Öcalan is not a solution
14:03 Maxmur Camp residents: They bombed our villages 30 years ago, now they are bombing our camp
14:03 Özsoy: If the ECtHR decisions are not implemented, the discussions about expulsion from the EC will begin
10:49 Son of Laçin brought to HDP in provocation: He subjected us to violence for years
10:48 200 lawyers to stand with Şenyaşar family on 200th day
21/09/2021
17:42 Kobané hearing postponed for two days after judge was quarantined due to Covid
16:58 Emine Şenyaşar's invitation for solidarity to attorneys
13:21 First arrest warrant in the Vartinis Massacre case 28 years later
13:20 Kobané Case attorney says if lost document's found, conspiracy will reveal itself
20/09/2021
17:08 Kobané Case hearing postponed until tomorrow
16:32 How many YPG members were treated in Kobané Protests?
14:57 Dress sent to Güven rejected by prison administration on grounds of its colours
14:56 HDP Co-chair Pervin Buldan: Real perpetrators are being protected
14:56 9 Iranian Kurds detained, handed over to FSA
13:14 Kobanê Case: Lawyers raise procedural objections
12:25 Şenyaşar: We will stop this tyranny with solidarity
11:51 Journalists and observers not allowed in court room in Kobané Case
11:51 Kurdish forbidden in Afrin!
11:26 Yousif Ismael: US is to withdraw from Syria and stay in Iraq