Relatives of soldiers captured by the PKK: End the operation

  • actual
  • 12:02 13 February 2021
  • |
img

ANKARA – Regarding the camp where PKK holds some Turkish soldiers as prisoners, which was hit by the TSK within the scope of the operation against Garé, Gürsel Özbey, father of Semih Özeby, one of the soldiers held captive in the camp said: "We have people over there. I want this operation to be terminated immediately. Ümit Gıcır's father Musa Gıcır said: "How can a government bomb a place where its soldiers are held?"

 
While the operation against the Garé district of Iraq Federated Kurdistan Disrict continues, HPG made a written statement on the second day of the operation and told that the camp where they hold some soldiers captive was hit by warplanes. While the HPG said they will share details later, the statement scared the families of the MİT members, soldiers and police officers held in the camp by the PKK.
 
Gürsel Özbey, father of Semih Özbey and Musa Gıcır, father of Ümit Gıcır expressed their concern for the safety of their sons.
 
ÖZBEY: WE HAVE PEOPLE OVER THERE
 
Stating that his son Semih Özbey has been detained in the camp since September 18, 2015, Gürsel Özbey said: "We are directly effected by any attack carried out against that camp. Our children are being held there. Of course we are sad. We have people over there."
 
'OF COURSE I AM AGAINST THE OPERATION'
 
Underlining that the government has an obligation to do all that it can to get their children back, Özbey said: "They did not go there willingly, they were taken there. The constitution says the state has to protect the lives and the property of its citizens. The state did not do that. They have taken away our children. These are innocent children, what do they want from them? Of course I am against these operations. I will hold those who hurt my son to account."
 
'SOMEONE MUST HAVE AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS'
 
Addressing the PKK, Özbey said: "If they have an account to settle with the state, they should hold the state to account and release our children. We haven't been able to breathe for the last 6 years. We forgot how to live. Think about a family who lost their children. Thinking if they are safe, what they are doing.. We don't know. Someone must have an explanation for us. They have broadcasted a video 4 years ago. We haven't seen them or heard from them since then."
 
'STOP THE OPERATION'
 
Underlining that they want to reunite with their son as soon as possible, Özbey said: "Release them as soon as possible. Let them reunite with their families. Isn't it our most natural right to know if they're alive? According to the Geneva Convention, the state has to ensure their safety and get them back to their families. This is what I want. And if the government is carrying out an operation in places where our children are being held, I want those operations to end now. As a father.."
 
GICIR: OUR HANDS ARE TIED
 
Stating that they are very concerned about the operation, Musa Gıcır said: "Our hands are tied. Who would listen to us, what can we say to whom.. The organization has my son for 53 months now. We don't know why they won't release him. We want to reunite with our son as soon as possible. We can not sleep, we can not function. Everyone works somewhere. My son worked as a soldier. He was bringing bread to his home. He was a labourer. They took him away. I want to address the organization, please make us families happy somehow."
 
'HOW CAN A GOVERNMENT BOMB A PLACE IT HAS SOLDIERS IN?'
 
Stating that his son Ümit Gıcır sent them a letter in 2019 and they didn't recieve any other news from him, Gıcır said: "And there is no video footage. We are concerned. We are waiting. We can't do anything else. Please don't make the families suffer. How can a government bomb a place where it has soldiers in? It wouldn't.. At least according to me. But I don't know."
 
MA / Zemo Ağgöz
 
 
 

View More Articles

05/06/2021
09:48 Military shipment from KDP to Metîna
03/06/2021
15:54 Kurdish business people commemorated: Murderers must be held to account
12:53 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
12:47 File sent to prosecutor's office at the hearing against journalist Gök
11:41 Şenyaşar family: Prosecute those who slaughtered our family
11:19 Turkey buying lands in Federated Kurdistan
10:00 Hunger strike resistance in prisons enters day 189
02/06/2021
14:27 Iraqi MPs takes action against TSK operation
14:06 Motion tabled for lost 128 billion dolars retured: This question can not be asked
12:49 Anonymous witness: Kemal Kurkut is a terrorist, photos were taken with instructions!
12:49 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
11:44 HDP member arrested on grounds that he is at flee risk living close to border
10:27 Hunger strike resistance in prisons enters day 188
01/06/2021
13:37 Turkish seargent causing İpek Er commit suicide not arrested
11:28 Şenyaşar Family: The whole world heard us, the prosecutor's blind and deaf
10:44 Peace Mother continues struggle for 20 years for younger generations
09:53 Hunger strike resistance in prisons enters day 187
09:47 Türkdoğan: If Turkey does not investigate Peker's allegations, an international commission can be established
09:46 Sick prisoner Özkan: I am handcuffed 24/7
31/05/2021
12:54 Şenyaşar Family: Who murdered 3 people from our family?
12:54 The women's economy of Northern and Eastern Syria is an example to the world
10:40 Özgüneş: Freedom of Öcalan is the only way
09:53 38th group takes over the rotating hunger strike
29/05/2021
11:38 Şenyaşar family: The day they will be hold to account is close
11:37 Hunger strike resistance in prisons enters day 184
11:36 Aykol: Özgür Gündem is part of the Kurdish renaissance
28/05/2021
15:38 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
14:14 Demirtaş sentenced to 2 years 6 months in prison for 'insulting the prosecutor'
14:03 Şenyaşar family: We are sworn, we will not give up
14:02 Soldiers opened fire against villagers protesting marble quarry: Gendermerie forces us into migration
11:19 Journalist Aslan: My time in prison confirmed the reality of our news
09:37 Hunger strike resistance in prisons enters day 183
27/05/2021
14:32 10 new summaries against HDP MPs
13:57 Request of 34 times aggravated life sentence for defendant of Suruç bombing
12:47 Attorneys of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
11:23 Rotating hunger strike action in prisons on its 7th month
10:41 DTK Co-Chair Güven sued for saying 'Mr. Öcalan' 9 years after Supreme Court decision
10:01 The Ministry of Internal Affairs preventing the establishment of the PIA: They want rights for the Kurds
26/05/2021
14:20 Our reporter Aslan released at first hearing
13:20 83-year-old Özkan taken to prison in handcuffs
12:16 Two civillians injured in the bombardment of TSK
11:31 Brother of Sedat Peker confesses to the murder of journalist Adalı
11:22 Polling booths open in regime-controlled areas
11:18 Petition signed by 768 lawyers demands Öcalan to meet his lawyers
11:10 Police breaks arm of a 55 year old woman, knocked her teeth out
09:52 37th group takes over the rotating hunger strike
25/05/2021
15:45 Kidnapped by MİT officers, our reporter Tekay was released
13:12 Proofs of torture Soylu denies
11:36 Attorneys of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
11:17 Campaign for imprisoned journalist Aslan