'Racism' erased from indictment of workers attacked in Sakarya

  • actual
  • 14:53 27 March 2021
  • |
img

MARDIN - In Sakarya, prosecuter completed the investigation of Kurdish workers, who were attacked to death last year and decided not to prosecute the charges of 'inciting the people to hatred and enmit' and keep the 3-page indictment on 'deliberate injury'. Lawyer Kemal Erdem said that the racist side of the attack was tried to be covered up.

 
The prosecutor completed the 3-page indictment about the attack against Kurdish agricultural workers who went from Mardin’s Mazıdağı district to Sakarya’s Kocaali district on September 4 last year. The Penal Court of First Instance accepted the indictment prepared by the Kocaali Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office. The first trial will be held in the upcoming days.
 
3-PAGE INDICTMENT
 
While the prosecutor decided to nolpros the indictment and not to prosecute in the investigation for the crime of 'inciting the public to hatred and hostility', he requested a penalty for 'deliberate injury', 'offense of threat' and 'offense of libel'. One and half pages of the indictment contains identity information of the victims, complainants and perpetrators. The other page included the prosecutor's evaluation. In the indictment, seven people took part as victims and other workers as complainants.
 
THERE IS THREAT, BUT NO RACISM!
 
In the indictment, Hasan Cebecioğlu, Hüseyin Cebecioğlu and Kenan Cebecioğlu were asked to be punished with the charges of 'deliberate injury', 'offense of threat' and 'offense of libel' and Kadir Cebecioğlu with the charge of 'deliberate injury'. Accordingly, the attackers will be punished with 6 months imprisonment and judicial fine for 'offense of libel', 3 months to 2 years imprisonment or judicial fine for 'offense of libel' and 4 months up to 1 year for 'deliberate injury' offenses.
 
While explaining the incident in the prosecution's assesment section, the words of the attacksers such as 'I will burn you, this is my country, do you think this is Mardin', , 'I will give you an hour, you can either get out of here or I will burn the house down with you!' and 'I will bury your dead body and nobody will know about it'. 
 
RECONCILIATORY ASSIGNED
 
The prosecutor noted that there was sufficient suspicion that the suspects committed the crimes and a reconciliator was assingned on the grounds that 'the crime is subject to reconciliation' but reconciliatory could not have been reached.
 
 
‘THEY TRIED TO COVER UP THE RACIST ASPECTS’
 
Lawyer Kemal Erdem, attorney of the victim workers on behalf of the Mardin Bar Assocation stated that attack has racist aspects since the beginning but even there is a lot of evidence, the prosecution avoided to investigate the hate crimes. Kemal Erdem said that the file was tried to be covered up, especially the racist aspects in the file, from day one. Erdem continued, "We know that seasonal agricultural workers have been subjected to similar attacks everywhere they go. They tried to cover up the racist aspects of this file once again. The fact that the indictment would be incomplete was obvious from the first day. That's why we have made our objections, however it was not taken into consideration. We will try to uncover the facts with our requests every step of the way."
 
BACKGROUND
 
Agricultural workers from Mardin’s Mazıdağı district, who went to Sakarya for seasonal work, were attacked by the villagers to death on September 4, 2020. The workers left the village where they were attacked and returned to Mardin with their families. The village of the workers in Mardin was closed to entrance and exit by the soldiers and they were not allowed to meet with anyone.
 

View More Articles

02/08/2022
15:32 Two children murdered by Iranian forces in Marivan
15:28 DFG: 13 journalists subjected to police attack in July
15:28 1-month balance sheet in Afrin under Turkish control
15:17 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
14:54 Imprisoned journalists not allowed to buy refrigerator
14:33 80-year-old prisoner Makbule Özer taken to prison
13:52 The picklock of the government: Anonymous witness
11:18 Journalist Hezil: KDP did not protect Yazidis nor allowed them to defend themselves
01/08/2022
16:23 Aysel Tuğluk: I am not in a position to defend myself, I don't remember anything
12:58 HDP members detained before the loan offer: We were taken hostage
12:06 Why Aysel Tuğluk can't be prosecuted, in 10 questions
11:16 Şêxo, who saved hundreds of Yazidis in the ISIS attack: They only believed in the PKK
09:30 Turkish soldiers strapped bomb on a dog to send to war tunnels
29/07/2022
13:45 The investigation against former presiding judge in Kobanê Case completed
13:32 Provocation in front of HDP Diyarbakır building
13:31 New application submitted by Öcalan's family and legal guardian
13:27 Bones found in Hilvan created hope for families of the dissappeared
12:00 A year had passed with Taliban: We want to continue the struggle together with the women of the Middle East
10:20 Güven: Opposition acts in line with the government regarding the violations of rights in prison
28/07/2022
14:44 Jiyan Tolhildan: We will not accept the life of slaves
14:02 Hesen Koçer from Autonomous Administration: We will resist with the people
13:46 Menal Mihemed: We will continue to defend our gains
13:04 4 Internal Security members lost their lives in the attack in Ain Issa
13:04 Military operation launched in Zêvkan following military blockade
12:48 AKP's Savcı Sayan marches with long barreled gun
12:48 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
12:47 Military operation in Bagok
27/07/2022
16:21 HDP will start the rallies with the slogan of 'We are the solution'
15:27 The raided village has been under a military blockade for 10 hours.
15:08 Şenyaşar family: There is no prosecutor to hold accountable
13:53 The condition of the child whose hand was severed in the military object explosion is critical
13:31 'Operation' signal from Turkey
13:10 Iraqi Foreign Minister: Turkish army should withdraw from our lands
12:23 Diyarbakir Bar Association President Eren: We did not receive an answer to the attorney ban against Öcalan
26/07/2022
14:21 CİSST Coordinator Korkut: Type S and Y prisons are a more stringent execution regime than type F prison
13:47 Military object exploded in Başkale: 12-year-old boy seriously injured
13:33 Şenyaşar family: Either justice, or justice!
13:09 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
13:01 The convict of N.Ç. case became an opinion leader
12:16 Criminal lawyer Kurşun: Turkey can be tried at International Criminal Court
10:54 Turkey is seeking revenge for defeated ISIS!
25/07/2022
16:02 AANES: The International Coalition must stand up to their responsibilities
14:56 Call from Ferit Şenyaşar to Fakıbaba
13:20 'Europe and coalition forces are accomplices in Tolhildan's murder'
11:26 Another suspicious death in Turkish prison
11:11 ‘The Kobanê Case is planed at the MHP Headquarters’
10:50 YPJ Commander Tolhildan laid to rest by thousands
10:12 No news from Öcalan for 16 months
24/07/2022
14:55 Two killed, eight injured as Turkey escalates attacks on North and East Syria
14:51 Turkey kills the commander of the operation defated ISIS