Only testament of those died in Roboski was justice

  • actual
  • 10:51 28 December 2021
  • |
img
ŞIRNAK - In the 10 years since the Roboski massacre, the only testament of those who lost their lives was that their perpetrators to be held to account. It hasn't happen so far.
 
34 people, 19 of whom were minors were killed by the Turkish warplanes who shelled a little village called Roboski at the Uludere district of Şırnak, border neighbors of Federated Kurdistan Region. The justice that everyone is longing for has not been served in the past 10 years after the massacre. AKP government first claimed that it was an accident, then tried to cover it up with material compensation, did not prosecute those who were responsible for the massacre. 
 
Although the perpetrators were left unpunished by the judiciary, the Roboski families did not give up their demand for justice. Those who did not believe in justice, on the other hand, took the road to the mountains.
 
THOSE WHO DIED BEFORE JUSTICE WAS SERVED
 
Many people who came together around a single demand for the perpetrators of their dismembered children to be tried, died without justice being served. Vedat Encü's 43-year-old aunt, Miran Encü, who had a heart attack during the commemoration of those who died in the massacre, passed away.
 
THE PERPETRATORS WERE NEVER FOUND
 
Salih Uysal, the father of 18-year-old Özcan Uysal, who lost his life in the massacre, also died of a heart attack. Mother Türkan Uysal reminded that her son has been asking when will the perpetrators will be held to account, said: "My husband never got over this. And he finally had a heart attack. He lost his life before the perpetrators were found."
 
Recalling that her son Özcan was killed 3 days ahead of his birthday, Uysal said: "He was looking forward to his birthday. He was there, smuggling tea and sugar to be able to celebrate his birthday. I brought my gift to him to his headstone."
 
THE TESTAMENT OF KADRİYE
 
Kadriye Encü, mother of Hamza Encu lost her life on October 23. She was the voice of those who demanded justice for the people lost at the Roboski Massacre. Now continuing her struggle, her daughter Taybet Encü said: "My mother always told us not to give up on our cause and hold those responsible to account. She left her struggle as a legacy to me. She used to say, 'If I die, be brave and deputize for me. Take over my struggle'. She died before the killers of my brother were found. She wanted me to take over. Can I be as brave as my mother? I don't know.. But I will never give up on our cause."
 
 
MA / Zeynep Durgut

View More Articles

31/05/2022
13:43 Turkey became a paradise for criminal organisations with new Paramilitary Structure State Galahads
13:02 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
12:58 TIP unfurls banner from Bosphorus Bridge for Gezi Protest
30/05/2022
16:02 'For freedom, there must be resistance against isolation'
14:18 Senyaşar family's justice watch on day 448th
14:15 KDP puts forward Dagger Team and Liwa 4 in Turkish attacks in Federated Kurdistan
28/05/2022
16:17 Şenyaşar family: Our struggle is for judicial independence
16:06 112 people were killed in 7 years in Turkey's attacks
14:22 Bombardment on Mount Cudi
14:22 YPG Spokesperson Nuri Mehmud: We will resist, we have the strength
11:58 Journalist Ferac: KDP is a spy
27/05/2022
16:12 Yıldırım was not released despite the ECtHR decision
16:00 Prisoners from Afrin: We couldn't tell anyone about the injustice done to us
13:27 Kilyos Cemetery file brought before ECtHR
13:22 Marks of torture on Uğur's body, who lost his life in prison
12:29 Police used the place where Aksem died, illegally!
11:52 Şenyaşar family: Those who resists knows dignity and strength
11:29 Women calls for unity against Turkish attacks in Faraşîn
09:34 Muslim: The attack is a war against the Kurdish people, not against Rojava
09:20 Drone attack in Bamernê: 2 children lost their lives
26/05/2022
13:27 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
13:24 Şenyaşar family: We call on the prosecutors to be fair
12:44 Turkish soldiers can not hold on in Heftanîn
12:42 Turkey has 40 military bases around Mosul, smothering Shengal
12:40 Call for solidarity to artists from Nudem Durak
12:39 Turkey launched a new attack, violent clashes are taking place
09:13 Political prisoner Sıddık Uğur died in prison
09:12 The first screening of the documentary 'Nujiyan' will be held in Shengal
09:11 Artillery shots against Heftanîn
25/05/2022
15:27 Heftanîn being bombed from Uludere
14:49 TSK got stuck in Heftanîn: It is a hornets' nest
14:48 Ferit Şenyaşar: We don't want half measure justice
14:47 Emin Özkan's daughter: Communication is over, we just look at each other
13:32 Turkey burns cultivated fields in Shehba
13:31 AFAD teams deployed to border amid Turkish cross border operations
13:30 Violation decision for Aysel Tuğluk from Constitutional Court
11:50 12 Turkish soldiers lost their lives in Zap
11:49 Information was requested from the Ministry of Interior for the burial place of Sheikh Said
24/05/2022
16:51 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
16:49 Six people slaughtered in ISIS attack
16:48 Mehmet Öcalan: We must step up the struggle against isolation
15:41 A call for unity against Turkish attacks
10:39 Prohibition of beekeeping in highlands extends to Federated Kurdistan Region
10:18 Body of Zeki Çelebi will be sent to Van
07:18 SDF: The aim of the Turkish state is to destabilize the region
23/05/2022
16:28 Journalist Ermiş: Efforts are being made to create a Turkish province in Northern Syria
15:47 Call for investigation of chemical weapons to the UN: Establish a commission for Turkey as well
15:41 Pro-government media's lies about 80-day-long military operations exposed
14:17 Military operation in villages of Diyarbakır
12:58 Human's rights, peace and democracy award to Şenyaşar family