Killer of Dedeoğulları family entertained in luxury hotels before massacre

  • actual
  • 12:56 20 January 2022
  • |
img

ANKARA - Stating that Mehmet Altun, the hitman of the Konya Massacre was entertained in luxury hotels for 17 days before he attacked the family, lawyer Atilla Kart said: "We see that the killer was groomed and prepared as a professional hitman."

It was revealed that the hitman that killed 7 people from the Dedeoğulları family was entertained in luxury hotels for 17 days before the massacre.  Information about the hotels Altun stayed in Bursa, Izmir, Istanbul and Eskisehir within three months of the massacre was included in the file. The information about the hotels he stayed in Ankara has not been sent yet. 
 
WHO DID HE STAYED WITH IN IZMIR?
 
According to the information obtained, Altun stayed at at Gaziemir Hotel in İzmir three times. An individual called Selmin Kuruş went to his room in June 25 and they both checked out the next they together.
 
THE HOTELS HE STAYED AT IN ISTANBUL 
 
According to the information recieved, Altun stayed in Double Tree Hilton and Hyatt Regency Hotels in İstanbul in May and July. An individual called Doğan Söylemez, born in Germany stayed in the same room with him in Hyatt Regency and he checked out from the hotel 2 days after Altun left.
 
According to the information obtained from Bursa Provincial Security Directorate Altun stayed at Green Hause Hotel in the Mudanya district of Bursa, and Trio Suites in the Nilüfer district of Bursa alone in May and June. According to a document sent  by the Eskişehir Governorate Provincial Security Altun stayed in Çini Hotel in Sivrihisat district of Eskişehir and Tasigo Hotel in the Odunpazarı district of Eskişehir.
 
ALTUN PAID THE HOTEL BILLS IN CASH
 
While the footage of the security cameras of the hotels was not delivered because it was erased every month, it was stated that Altun paid the hotel bills in cash.
 
FLIGHTS BETWEEN KONYA -İSTANBUL
 
It was stated that Altun travelled back and forth from Konya to İstanbul twice in June and July. It was underlined that the footage of the security cameras at the airport was also erased due to timeout. 
 
Atilla Kart, one of the lawyers of the case, made evaluations to the Mesopotamia Agency (MA) regarding the developments in the file.
 
17 DAYS ACCOMMODATION IN LUXURIOUS HOTELS
 
Stating that 12 days after Altun's first attack at the Dedeoğulları family on May 12, Altun started staying at luxury hotels in İzmir, İstanbul, Eskişehir and Bursa, Attorney Kart said: "He always paid the hotel bills in cash. We see that he avoided using credit cards in order not to leave a paper trail. According to the information we have so far, he was entertained at luxury hotels for 17 days. I personally think that it might have lasted at least for 30-40 days. We haven't recieved all of the documents yet. I hope the Ankara Security Directorate doesn't stall and deliver the documents in the file."
 
'HE WAS ENTERTAINED IN A 'MORALE CAMP' BEFORE THE MASSACRE'
 
Stating that the information they recieved indicated that Altun was enternatined in a 'morale camp', Kart said: "It is understood that Altun was given assurances, maybe told that his family will be looked after. He was groomed and prepared as a professional hitman. There is such an organisation that Altun leaves when he first comes to the house of Dedeoğulları seeing that Barış is not there yet. He speaks on the phone to some people until Barış is back but the report of historical traffic search was not thoroughly investigated by the police. There are reports of conversations in there between the Güven and Keleş families and Altun. They organised the massacre thoroughly. He makes sure everyone is home when Barış comes back. Another important detail is that he also makes sure Çetin left the city. He waits for him to leave the city because he knows he would not be able to carry out this massacre if Çetin was there."
 
HE COULD'T PAY HIS CREDIT DEBTS
 
Stating that Altun, who stays in luxury hotels, does not work, Kart said that he has taken loans of around 100-120 thousand TL from two different banks in the last year. Kart also said that he could not pay his credit debts.
 
'MURDER COMMITTED WITH RACIST MOTIVE' 
 
Drawing attention to the statements of Altun's wife, Kart said, "His wife says that Altun has no animosity with the Dedeoğulları family. We can say that the massacre was carried out with racist motives and it stems from the public officials not taking preventive measures even though they knew there is a possibility that this could happen. The killer will be punished as a hitman no matter what. But we are trying to ensure that those who instigate him materially and morally, those who protect him, and of course the public authorities that protect that structure, receive the punishment they deserve. We also want to give a message to the society and say, " Do not give a chance to those who covet the peace of this country. Do not rely on provocations". We will continue our duty with this motivation.
 
DEDEOĞULLARI CALLED THE POLICE AND THE EMERGENCY AMBULANCE SERVICE 14 TIMES BEFORE THE MURDER
 
Mentioning the first attack on the family Altun carried out in May 12, Kart said: "This attack was carried out with the participation of Keleş, Çalık and Güven family members. And the attack was not carried out in an empty field but in the backyard of the Dedeoğulları residence. All the evidence like shells, blood traces and pieces of wood was found in the backyard of the Dedeoğulları family. What is dire is that Dedeoğulları family called the police and the emergency ambulance service 14 times in 22 mimnutes after they started shouting out for help however the police arrives at the scene 2 hours later. This happens in the middle of the city center of Konya. The massacre on July 30 could have been avoided if there was a patrol car in the vicinity. They did not carry out an effective investigation and spoiled the evidence and did not protect the family even though the family was attacked by the same perpetrator before. This paved the way for the massacre that took place on July 30."
 
'IT WAS AN ORGANISED CRIME'
 
Referring to the responsibility of the government in both attacks, Kart said: "The prosecutor's office asked the police station why they did not collect the evidence of the attack that was carried out in May 12. I saw the note of the prosecutor and I can easily say that in my 40 years in this profession I have never seen such a heavy language used against the police. However the same prosecutor did not follow up after his note. Pointing out that all the facts indicate that the massacre did not stem from the revenge feelings of a single person, Kart said: "It indicates that it was an organised crime instructed by someone. I am warning the courts. Do not dare passing over this case. Files for these two incidents must be combined and you will do the investigation the police and the prosecutor did not do.Why is there a state? There is a state to uncover these crimes."
 
 
MA / Zemo Ağgöz - Fırat Can Arslan

View More Articles

09/06/2022
14:17 Detained journalists held in single cells
13:32 Emine Şenyaşar: I will not leave here until I get justice
12:46 Colleagues of detained journalists: We will not bow down
12:18 Call from MSD Presidential Council Member to all components of Syria
11:31 Human bones found in JİTEM base
08/06/2022
17:06 21 journalist detaine
16:02 'You have not been able to silence the free press for 50 years, you will not be able to do it now'
15:46 AKP-KDP media targets journalists
15:41 Decision of restriction to the file of detained journalists
14:38 Müftüoğlu: Detaining journalists is an effort to obscure the truth
12:20 Hewler becomes the crime scene of intelligence officers
09:36 Many journalists detained in Diyarbakır
07/06/2022
14:58 70-year-old citizen detained in Tatvan
14:52 SDF Military Council convened extraordinarily
14:49 Relatives of prisoner says state officials force them to give up
13:39 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
13:39 Journalist Kav: KDP has become AKP
06/06/2022
18:39 Journalist Müftüoğlu released
15:56 Field Hospital filled with wounded soldiers
13:45 Emine Şenyaşar fined for insulting Soylu and Yıldız
12:47 Journalist Dicle Müftüoğlu referred to court
12:45 'KDP preparing to attack Metîna'
12:20 'Helicopters hit and downed are documented'
07:27 3 injured in attack against Eyn İsa
04/06/2022
15:15 Mazlum Ebdi: We will resist with our people against any possible attack
12:49 Journalist Cûdî: People brought from different parts of Syria settled in invaded areas
11:58 Turkey was protested in Afrin
11:43 Şenyaşar family: We will continue to demand justice
09:25 Detention period of journalist Müftüoğlu extended for 4 days
03/06/2022
15:46 Öcalan's attorney Taşçı: Problems can't be solved without negotiation
14:24 9 detained in Van: Police opened fire inside a house they raid
14:20 Şenyaşar family: Those in power were left alone despite the power of the state
13:38 New application submitted by Öcalan's family and legal guardian
12:47 Broomfield: Erdogan wants to put racist policies into action
10:18 DFG Co-chair Müftüoğlu detained
09:38 Police raid on HDK Headquarters
02/06/2022
17:00 Police attack on Justice Watch
16:32 5 women under police custody poisoned by food
14:44 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
14:43 HDP's Aydeniz: We will march to Gemlik for Öcalan's Freedom
12:51 'Turkey must be tried in international courts'
12:20 Judge of Demirtaş Case appointed as Deputy Minister
10:52 Turkish attack on Zirgan: A child was injured
10:50 Former ranger calls for armistice
01/06/2022
14:32 Şenyaşar family: Everyone who remains silent is an accomplice
13:15 HDP Hewler Representative: Kurdish-Arab alliance is important against Turkkish attacks
11:50 Turkey uses chemical weapons in Heftanîn failing to advance on ground
31/05/2022
16:08 Prisoners beaten in Van Prison
15:35 Kaftancıoğlu, whose sentence has been finalized, was sent to Silivri Prison
14:55 ISIS member Ilhami Bali, 'wanted' with a red notice, lives in Idlib under Turkish control