Mehmet Bal is missing for 30 days: Phone signal prinout given to family turns out doctored

  • actual
  • 10:34 24 February 2020
  • |
img

İSTANBUL - The printout of the phone signals of Mehmet Bal who came to İstanbul to visit his son in prison on January 24 and went missing was given to the family. His son Nihat Bal says the list in the printout is doctored.

Mehmet Bal who came to İstanbul to visit his son in prison on January 24 from Batman have gone missing after his visit to his relatives in Bağcılar following the prison visitation a month ago. Since then, all the efforts of the family searching him did not give any results. While Bal family thinks the work done by the police searching their father is insufficient, family insists on investigating the city surveillance cameras. 
 
While the printout the prosecutor's office gave to the family of Mehmet Bal's phone signals shows that there is signal in his phone between 09.00 and 18.32 that day, the signals are cut between 18.31 and 21.11.
 
Bal's son Nihat Bal says he called his father at 21.05 and there was a signal for a short time and then there was a busy signal. Bal says the prinout given to them is doctored and that the phone rang when he called him at the time the printout claims there was no signal. Bal says he has his own phone signal prinout to prove that he was able to call his father at that time. 
 
Bal stating that they keep going to the Gayrettepe Police Station to learn about the developments about their father but the police always told them to go wait at home with an attitude, said the police also told them not to apply to anywhere else. Bal said: "We don't know what to do. We just want our father to be found as soon as possible."
 
MA / Erdoğan Alayumat 

View More Articles

02/12/2020
10:44 Journalist Karataş: We were jailed for exposing the torture
10:34 Bombing of Özgür Ülke Newspaper burns everyone today
10:33 Êzidi security forces will not be dissolved
01/12/2020
13:58 Attorneys of Öcalan submit application to visit İmralı
13:49 Processing of 18 people detained under DTK operation started at the police HQ
12:49 The group placed in front of HDP building, attacked the party employees
12:24 HDP politicians detained in Diyarbakır
12:24 Governor's statement for child killed by soldiers: They were firing their gun into the air
12:23 TJA calls for solidarity with prisoners on hunger strike
12:23 Second group takes over the hunger strike
11:31 5 Journalists were arrested in Van in 40 days
09:59 Objection to the arrest of our reporter Karataş
09:35 Kurdish politicians detained in Şırnak
30/11/2020
15:53 TTB: Private hospitals should provide public service during pandemic
15:52 Our reporter Yalçın released
14:20 Request of arrest for our reporter Yalçın
11:39 1 year 6 months 22 days prison sentence for Journalist Öztekin
11:22 Youth discusses isolation: The key to democracy is in İmralı
10:43 The hypocrisy of the ECtHR: Execution was replaced with isolation
10:42 KNK Co-chair: People of Bashur do not want inner conflict
28/11/2020
13:21 Erdoğan speaks of 'judicial reform': 415 citizens detained
11:01 Police raid on the homes of IHD and MEBYA-DER executives
10:49 Kozluk Co-Mayor detained
10:43 Z.N, raped at the removal center, transferred to guest house
10:43 Lawyers detained in Bursa, released
10:42 'Prisoners from Rojava are being punished twice'
27/11/2020
15:01 Scores detained in multiple cities
13:44 Families submit application to visit İmralı
13:44 Night raid on HDP building in Van
13:43 Ehmed: An agreement to rebuild Shengal is needed
10:48 Our reporter Karataş put in a cell
10:19 Prosecutor investigated if the 24 civillians who were killed 5 years ago had ties with 'the organization'
10:19 Our reporter Hakan Yalçın detained
26/11/2020
17:28 Our reporter Karataş arrested
16:11 ECtHR’s scandalous verdict on HDP: HDP does not have victim status
14:12 Our reporter Karataş is accused of news interviews
14:11 Police raided HDK building while no one was there, seized digital materials
14:11 Leyla Öztürk was killed with a state issued gun
14:10 Seeing their clients in prison considered a crime
14:08 Attorneys of Öcalan submits new application to visit İmralı
12:44 Heavy deployment of troops continues in Shengal
12:34 Journalist Metina: They asked if I was a member of Kurdish Writers Association
12:33 Mother who lost her daughter in Shengal Massacre: We must stand against war
10:31 Scores detain in operation in İstanbul
10:17 Êzidî intellectuals: Peshmerga dressed as Iraqi soldiers besieged Shengal
09:40 Özgüneş: This will be the century of national unity and freedom for the Kurds
25/11/2020
17:27 Women raise both their words and struggle against violence
17:25 Alternating hunger strike against isolation begins in prisons indefinitely
13:36 Journalist Elî: There have been Turkmen groups among the soldiers sent to Shengal
13:36 Sexist November 25th poster from the trustee