TTB's Survey: No separate triage space was provided for the coronavirus

  • actual
  • 12:16 31 March 2020
  • |
img

ANKARA - The Turkish Medical Association (TTB) released the second-week results of its self-report based online survey entitled "Risk Assessment as to Health Workers' Exposure to COVID-19 Virus" today (March 31). TTB emphasized that no seperate triage spaces were provided for the coronavirus cases.

As the findings from the last week also showed, the findings of this week's survey joined by 1,630 healthcare providers across Turkey has revealed that the existing problems in their working conditions and shortages of personal protective equipments still continue.
 
While 50 percent of the participants have said that no separate triage spaces are allocated for COVID-19 in their institutions, 44 percent have indicated that no training was provided as to how to protect themselves from the virus.
 
44 percent of health workers have said that they were not informed about the changes in their work organization following the outbreak. 50 percent of the participants have noted that they were not provided with any training materials on special diagnosis, treatment schemes, guides, etc.
 
They have also indicated that the number of workers in their departments has not been increased; they have to work when they are sick, albeit seasonally; they have problems with air conditioning in their workplaces; they cannot use their right to work in a riskless environment despite being in the risk groups, such as being pregnant, chronically ill or aged; and they cannot inform the top management about these problems with ease.
 
The conclusion part of the report has underlined that health workers have been providing medical services under a great risk, which poses a risk in terms of occupational illnesses and homicides while they are also causing anxiety and fear in healthcare workers.
 
Accordingly, the TTB has called on the Ministry of Health to improve the working conditions at medical institutions and to fully provide health workers with the necessary personal protective equipments.
 
#RaporCovid19
The Turkish Medical Association (TTB) has also been sharing province-based figures on COVID-19 pandemic under the hashtag #RaporCovid19.
 
According to these figures, around 150 patients diagnosed with or suspected to have the COVID-19 are currently hospitalized in Turkey's southeastern province of Diyarbakır. While six patients are treated in intensive care units, five people in total have lost their lives due to the virus so far.
 
As for the Mediterranean province of Adana, around 550 patients diagnosed with or suspected to carry the virus are currently hospitalized, with 63 of them in intensive care unit and 15 intubated. Four physicians and 12 health workers, two of whom have been discharged from hospital, are currently monitored as suspected coronavirus cases.
 
Over 100 physicians and health workers have been infected in İstanbul so far. Over 200 patients are currently in intensive care units in the city.

View More Articles

16/02/2021
09:24 Hunger strike action in prisons enters day 82
09:21 Ministry of Interior: 718 people detained in 40 provinces
09:18 HDP Kars Provincial Co-chair Subaşı arrested
13/02/2021
13:24 SDF: Turkey's operations pave the way for ISIS to gather its strength
12:03 Hunger strike action in prisons enters day 79
12:02 Relatives of soldiers captured by the PKK: End the operation
12:02 Warrants for detention issued for 30 in Adana
12:01 Buldağ arrested for Boğaziçi protests released
12/02/2021
15:41 13 HDP members detained in Kocaeli
15:40 Soldiers beat me and then shot me, says teenager shot by soldiers
15:39 Military operation in Şırnak and Siirt
15:39 Batman Co-Mayor released from prison
11:07 Hunger strike in prisons enters day 78
11:05 Scholey: Öcalan's release will provide an ultimate peaceful resolution of the Kurdish problem
10:04 Journalist Eliyas: Êzidîs have no trust in anyone but YBŞ
09:20 Turkey shells camp where PKK holds police, soldiers and MİT members
09:20 HDP Kars Provincial Co-chair detained
11/02/2021
17:04 Released from prison, Karataş says prosecutor thought he was his editor
10:53 Hunger strike action in prisons enters day 77
10:53 Joy and Mier: Our voice can save another woman's life
09:52 'Isolation must be lifted, doors to peace must be opened'
10/02/2021
10:50 Hunger strike action in prison enters day 76
10:48 House arrest for journalism student Acıdere
09/02/2021
15:45 Jailed MA reporter Karataş released from prison
15:45 Attorneys of Öcalan submits new application for a visit
13:41 HDP Municipal Council Member detained
13:40 "Be the voice of those in prison'
13:39 Evrensel Newspaper writer Şahin released from detention
12:39 7 prisoners in Şırnak demands transfer to İmralı Prison
10:38 Hunger strike action in prison enters day 75
09:23 33 people detained in Kadıköy released
09:23 Ahmet Türk: Öcalan has an important role in terms of peace and democracy
08/02/2021
12:43 Ahmet Şık: Those students are bringing this country back to life
11:16 Supporting Boğaziçi protests, student Beyza Buldağ arrested
11:13 Those detained in Kadıköy referred to courthouse
11:13 Hunger strike action in prisons enters day 74
11:12 Global partners of Boğaziçi University: This is a shame, we condemn Turkey
09:41 Bilmez: Isolation in İmralı deepened after the CPT report
06/02/2021
10:59 Hunger strike action in prisons enters day 72
09:42 Two new faculties opened in Boğaziçi Universities amid protests
09:41 Rectors appointed to 11 other universities amid protests against Bulu
05/02/2021
14:54 Academics from ODTU in solidarity with Boğaziçi
13:19 Skull of prisoner in Türkoğlu prison cracked by guards
13:07 Peace Mother Altan: We are under isolation too
12:42 Message from Chomsky to Boğaziçi University students: Courageous and honourable
12:41 Students: Government claims we are heathens
09:33 15th group takes over the hunger strike
09:19 Boğaziçi protest in Kadıköy: 2 people arrested
04/02/2021
10:22 Hunger strike action enters day 70
10:09 Father whose son joined ISIS: He can be a suicide bomber