Attacks against Maxmur connected to embargo

  • actual
  • 10:45 23 April 2020
  • |
img

HABER MERKEZİ - Neda Muhamed Ahmed from Maxmur Camp Foreign Relations Committee, stating that the attacks on Maxmur is connected to the embargo, said: "Turkey attacks Maxmur everytime it is stuck politically."

The Mahmur Camp, which the Iraqi Federated Kurdistan Regional Government has imposed an embargo since July 17, 2019, was once again attacked by the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) on April 15. Three women, who grazed their animals died as a result of the shelling of the TAF.
 
Neda Muhemed Ahmed, a member of the Mahmur Camp's Foreign Relations Committee, said that the attacks against the camp where 12 thousand people lived is connected with the embargo.
 
Ahmed who interpreted the TSK attack as a continuation of the policy of denial and destruction, said: "Turkey does not recognize the will of the Kurdish people and has a policy to destroy them.  Reminding that the inhabitants of the camp migrated from their villages that was burned by the state, Ahmed said: "There is nothing left Turkish state hadn't tried on the Kurds. They used all their institutions to break the will of the Kurdish people. They have only one goal and it is to destroy the will of the Kurds. These attacks are carried out when the Turkish state is politically blocked. It wants to break the will of the Kurdish people with these brutal attacks. Today, the attack on our camp is part of its policy.
 
Stating that Maxmur has a geostrategic importance, Ahmed said: "Because it has a central location. It had strategic value for ISIS and KDP too. That's why Maxmur is targeted. This is the fourth attack of Turkey against our camp. Turkey had unjustified grounds for all their attacks.
 
Stating that the last attack was during the 9 month long embargo, Ahmed pointed out that they lost connection with the outside world with the embargo, and said: "This embargo brought many hardships for our people. The last attack carried out while we were expecting an end to the embargo. 2 people lost their lives and one was wounded as a result of that attack. Even though we called the local governments officials to help get our wounded to the hospital, they did not respond. So that ciziten also lost her life. The attacks against Maxmur is connected to the embargo."
 
Noting that Mahmur Camp is administratively and geographically connected to the Iraqi Central Government, Ahmed stressed that the central government has a responsibility to ensure their security. Saying that the government is content with only making a press release against the last attack and that it is not "satisfactory", Ahmed said: "There have been 4 attacks so far. There was a bit of a reaction from the government in the last attack. But that does not satisfy us. The Minister of Foreign Affairs needs to express his attitudes more clearly and sharply. The Iraqi State needs to take a clear stance against the attacks. We demand this from both the international powers and the Iraqi Central Government.”
 
Noting that their attempts on the issue were not answered, Ahmed pointed out that they had held 3 meetings with the local government about 2 months ago, saying, "No official statement has been made by the local government about the embargo so far. We have also been contacting the Iraqi Central Government. Until now, concrete steps have been taken.
 
MA / Ömer Akın

View More Articles

29/06/2020
12:46 Investigation launched against our reporter Eser
11:16 Boat carrying refugees sank in Ayvalık
11:16 HDP: The burial places of Sheikh Said and his friends should be disclosed
10:09 Attack on the stock exchange building in Pakistan
09:53 Buluttekin: We are on trial for files created for revenge
09:52 8 people arrested in DTK investigation
09:51 HDP: They are trying to acquit the killer of Medeni Yıldırım
09:51 Case numbers increases to 197 thousand 239
28/06/2020
21:07 Ayşe Kara is charged with journalism!
21:01 HDP: Governor's Office protects the perpetrators of torture
20:25 Request of arrest for 14 activists in DTK investigation
20:08 Defense of 'gradual' torture from the Governor of Diyarbakır!
19:24 444 weeks after Roboski Massacre: Impunity on every corner
18:04 11 rights organizations: Investigate those who tortured Rojbin Çetin
17:12 Aşitî: Attacks of Turkey target the unity of the Kurds
16:56 Last farewell to Kurdish politican Tekin died from COVID-19
16:29 16 detained activists referred to court
16:15 Prisoner diagnosed with coronavirus, his wife called out: He is left to die
14:24 Conflict in Haftanin: A soldier lost his life
13:58 Minibus carrying refugees crashed
13:47 'Killers outside, my son is in prison'
13:15 Hunger strike in Mardin Prison ended
12:23 From Sheikh Said to Öcalan: Freedom shall win
09:35 Lawyer documented the torture, called to testify
27/06/2020
15:54 Torture under police custody!
15:53 Death fasting Akman and Karakaya taken back to prison
09:25 Journalist Ayşe Kara detained
09:09 1.396 new cases in last 24 hours
08:17 DTK office in Diyarbakır sealed after police raid
08:16 HDP PM member Ercan Oğuz detained
08:16 TJA member Rojbin Çetin detained
08:15 Protest in front of Russian base in Kobani
08:15 Journalistss Çelik and Keser: We'll keep on writing
26/06/2020
17:26 Number of people detained in DTK investigation increases to 42
14:50 Families applied to visit İmralı
14:50 Fighter jets take off one after another
14:49 Elik: We will take different actions if the amendment is not abandoned
14:48 Leyla Güven: We will not bow
14:47 Suspended prison sentence for journalist over Tahir Elçi cartoon
14:46 Akman and Karaya on death fast hospitalized
12:01 Manisa shaked by 5.5-magnitude earthquake
12:01 Constitutional Court rejects dismissed HDP deputies' application
12:00 Decision of non prosecution for the body sent in a container
11:59 25 years of search for the bones of her son
10:24 Police raid on DTK: Scores of people detained
10:24 İkiköprü Co-Mayers arrested
10:23 21 people lost their lives from coronavirus
10:21 Picnic site bombed in Sulaymaniyah: 3 people killed
10:21 Turkish army planes bomb Bradost regions
25/06/2020
16:23 Witness testifies for the first time in 28 years in Anter case