Holding on to the bones buried underneath the sidewalk: The pain is indiscribable

img
İSTANBUL - Mother Sabiha Altıntaş waiting for her son for 27 years, holding the bones of her son which were buried underneath the sidewalk in Kilyos Cemetery, said that her pain is indiscribable.
 
Garzan Cemetery, located in the village of Yukari Olek (Oleka Jor) in the center of Bitlis, was demolished on December 19, 2017, and 282 bodies were exhumed without the knowladge of their families. The bodies exhumed and brought to İstanbul Forensic Institute (ATK) were buried underneath a sidewalk in Kilyos Cemetery. 21 of them were delivered to their families following the DNA testing. One of these bodies delivered to the families is Burhan Altıntaş's.
 
Mother Altıntaş who learned that her son who joined the PKK in 1992 had been laid to rest in Garzan Cemetery in 2014. Mother Altıntaş who learned that the cemetery was attacked in 2017, started searching for his son again. Altıntaş who found out that her son's bones are in İstanbul ATK, applied to deliver her son without losing time.
 
SHE HELD THE BONES IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER
 
Recieving the DNA results, Altıntaş went to the Kilyos Cemetery in December 2019. She was once again broken beyond understanding when she saw that the bones were buried in plastic boxes underneath the sidewalk instead of a grave. Altıntaş who saw that the boxes were filled with dirty water said: "My heart almost stopped when I saw the box. I asked them what sort of muslims who did this. When they gave the container to me I couldn't believe my son was in it. I insisted on opening the box. I waited for my son for all these years.I held the bones inside the box..May God punish them for what they did."
 
Mother Altıntaş who told that they were harassed by the police all the way to Bitlis said: "We were stopped by police or soldiers until Bitlis. They kept us waiting for hours every time. When we arrived at the village, the cemetery was surrounded by soldiers. No one except the immediate family was allowed in. We laid the bones side by side and buried my son."
 
CALL TO THE FAMILIES TO APPLY FOR RECIEVING THE BONES
 
Mother Altıntaş who said she will never forget the cruelty imposed on her, made a call to the families who think their loved ones were in Garzan Cemetery to make applications to recieve their relatives bones said: "What they did to us, the pain we had to suffer is indescribable. We can only reduce that pain by claiming the bones of our loved ones."
 
 
MA / Erdoğan Alayumat

View More Articles

26/08/2020
16:43 Musa Orhan Statement from Ministry of Interior
13:30 Women's organizations outraged: Musa Orhan must be arrested!
11:53 Police threatens journalist: Bombs are going off left and right, you don't want to be named responsible
10:46 Covid- 19 cases increase in Batman: 7 people died waiting for a bed at the ICU
10:31 We ran out of time for Timtik and Ünsal
09:29 Specialized Sergeant Orhan who caused İpek Er's death, released from prison
09:24 Prosecutor's return from vacation will be waited for burial of HPG member
09:23 Turkey reports highest daily Covid-19 cases in more than two months
25/08/2020
13:53 Güven: They used to go to Anıtkabir, now they come to Diyarbakır
12:33 Lawyers submit request to visit Öcalan
12:23 Türkdoğan: Minister of Justice should take initiative
09:44 Demo for Ebru and Aytaç attacked by the police
09:22 Turkey reports 1.443 new cases
24/08/2020
16:08 Mother of İpek Er: Video I took at the funeral was deleted
14:53 Seven killed, nine missing after flooding in northern Turkey
13:28 A shephard was killed at Gabar Mountainside
13:05 Neigborhood watchman pressed on his neck while police kicked
11:32 Death fasting lawyer Timtik's health deteriorating fast
09:11 Covid-19 claims 6 thousand 121 lives in Turkey, according to latest reports
22/08/2020
12:01 'The walls will be pulled down' by Figen Yüksekdağ
11:27 6 people from Yüksel Resistance arrested
10:31 Başaran: Our greatest force of self defense is our organization
10:19 Ünsal: Our struggle is not only for justice, but also with fear and frustration
21/08/2020
16:13 Application for a second Bar Association in Ankara
14:40 Consumer confidence index falls, again
13:59 HDP addresses Erdoğan about his 'good news': Stop the war, stop pillaging, stop favoritism!
12:28 Families submit request to visit İmralı
10:46 Woman visiting prison made chose between her husband and son
10:03 Covid-19 cases increase in Turkey: 1412 new cases, 19 dead
20/08/2020
17:22 Mesopotamia Cultural Center employees: We will continue perform our art
15:29 Strike action from health care workers in Diyarbakır
15:10 Meetings, demonstrations banned in Şırnak due to upcoming World Peace Day
15:07 Lawyers submit request to visit Öcalan
13:29 HDP: We condemn those who condone the Antep Massacre
11:28 Koca: We have reached the highest case number of the month
11:04 No tests in Diyarbakır in the last 3 days
11:03 Specialized Sergeant Musa Orhan arrested
19/08/2020
15:26 Arrest warrant against Specialized Seargeant Musa Orhan
12:38 HDP Municipal Councilors detained
12:37 Afghan refugees dropped of at Silvan, instead of Ankara
11:14 Imprisoned Co-Mayor Mızraklı: We have to stop it today or this will continue
10:34 Co-Mayors of İkiköprü Municipality released from prison
10:30 Those died of coronavirus exceeds 6 thousand
10:15 HDP Youth Council member threatened with family at police station
09:39 İ.E was buried under police blockade late last night
08:52 HDP announces trustee report: The trustee system has crushed
18/08/2020
21:41 Search efforts for Gülistan Doku ended
12:59 Having been raped by an specialized sergeant, İ.E. lost her life
12:52 Bar Presidents visits Timtik and Ünsal
11:32 Attorneys applied to visit Öcalan