16 year old detained 30 times in 3 years, his mother battered

  • actual
  • 10:11 19 November 2020
  • |
img

MARDİN – Mother Felak A. whose son has been detained 30 times over the last 3 years, went to the police station to get her son. She was battered by the police at the police station and filed a criminal complaint about the police. 

 
A family in Mardin's Nusaybin district whose son has been detained 30 times over the last 3 years and pressured by the police to spy on his friends and family is having a hard time. It all started when their house was raided by the police in March 2018. His father Sait A. was detained during a raid on their home with the accusation of 'being a member of a terrorist organization' and placed under arrest. Their family home was raided again following the arrest of the father and the police have been detaining him time and time again since then.
 
Police officer Yaşar Ç. and the accompanying officers working for the Anti-Terror Unit, detained F.A 30 times without a warrant and threatened him into spying on his family and friends. F.A told his family about the harassment but the police officers continued to harass F.A.
 
POLICE FORCES HIM TO TESTIFY
 
After a graffiti had been done in Nusaybin recently, police officer Yaşar A. and other officers went to F.A's workplace at the TOKİ Housing Complex where he works with his brother on November 16. The police forcibly detained F.A without a warrant and took him to District Security Directorate. Accusing  5 people of doing the graffiti and showing F.A their names, police who held F.A at the basement of the police station, forced him to testify against them. 
 
MOTHER FELAK WAS BATTERED
 
Having heard that her son was held by force by Yaşar Ç., mother Felak went to the police station. Mother Felak who heard her son's voice coming from the basement, told she wants to file a criminal complaint. Police officer Yaşar Ç. who rushed upstairs grabbed her, and pinned her to the wall while squeezing her throat.
 
Taking her son from the police station, mother Felak went to the Nusaybin Chief Public Prosecutor's Office to file a criminal complaint. 
 
She was later referred to the hospital by the prosecutor to get an assautlt report. Mother Felak later went back to the court house and filed a criminal complaint about the battery and her son being threatened.
 
Speaking to Mesopotamia Agency (MA), mother Felak told that the police have been hunting them for the last 3 years.
 
Mother Felak said: "My son is threatened by the police on a daily basis. The police tells him to be their 'man' and that they will pay him for testifying against the people they target. They threaten him to close down the family business. They detain him everytime because he rejects. But there is no warrant for his detention or anything."
 
'I HEARD HIS VOICE COMING FROM THE BASEMENT'
 
Mother Felak who told that he heard his son voice coming from the basement when she went to the police station, said: "He was screaming. He was saying that he didn't know the people they showed him. I asked what he was doing at the basement and they attacked me. There are camera records if they haven't erased it. They told me' Terrorist, what are you doing here' and they insulted and beat me. I got an assault report and filed a criminal complaint."
 
'WE ARE THE STATE, YOU ARE THE TERRORISTS'
 
Stating that the police threatened to shut down their family business, Felak told that the police said 'The Municipality will do as we say. We are the state, you are the terrorists'.
 
Noting that her son has been detained 30 times over the last 3 years, mother Felak said: "They take him, pressure him and let him go. There are ne records of his detention because there is no warrant for his detention. It's totally arbitrary. Once I called the police station when they took my son, asked Yaşar Ç. on the phone. I told him if he doesn't take my son home in ten minutes I would go to the Provincial Security Directorate. He took my son home in ten minutes. I'm afraid my son make some poor choices as a result of this pressures."
 
 
MA / Ahmet Kanbal
 

View More Articles

10/03/2022
12:06 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
12:02 Şenyaşar family: We started alone, we will be millions tomorrow
09/03/2022
16:19 Prisoners in Kürkçüler Prison not referred to hospital for 3 months
16:10 Senyaşar family's sit-in completes its first year
12:27 Senyaşar family's sit-in completes its first year
12:26 Karatay's funeral released to her family in a container after six years
07/03/2022
16:50 Women of Rojava vow to liberate Öcalan
14:53 Women journalists: We will respond to the masculine mentality with our reports
12:40 Emine Şenyaşar calls for participation to first year anniversary of Justice Watch
12:36 From Öcalan to women: Freedom is the only salvation
05/03/2022
12:27 Şenyaşar family calls people for first anniversary of Justice Watch
12:27 120 people abducted in Afrin in 2 months
04/03/2022
16:58 SDF: Allegations of the Turkish press are unfounded
14:05 Investigation launched against HDP's Semra Güzel
14:04 Police raid on Aksoy whose son's bones sent in a container via post office
12:16 New application submitted by Öcalan's family and guardian
12:15 Aydoğan: Mass struggle will ensure Öcalan's freedom
10:37 Musician Nudem Durak: I'm afraid I won't be able to sing again
03/03/2022
15:07 Lawyers of Abdullah Öcalan apply for a visit to Imrali
14:28 Ferit Şenyaşar: Government has the surveillence videos in their archives
14:27 Diyarbakır Bar Association releases report on violations of children's rights
02/03/2022
15:33 Aktar: In order for the peace to be establised, Ukraine needs to defend itself like Rojava
15:29 ÖHD to apply to Ministry of Justice for a visit to İmralı
12:54 Seeker of justice buried in concrete walls: Emine Şenyaşar
07:35 Parliamentary immunity of HDP's Semra Güzel removed
01/03/2022
18:57 HDP parliamentary group demonstrates in solidarity with Semra Güzel
17:59 Police attack Şenyaşar family in front of the courthouse in Urfa
12:48 Ferit Şenyaşar: We will continue to be here in front of the courthouse
12:04 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
12:03 Main message in DBP Congress: Kurdish question will not be resolved without Öcalan
28/02/2022
16:54 Leyla Güven and 16 other women transferred to other prisons
13:50 Şenyaşar family in front of the Court of Appeal
13:39 Call for unity against masculine politics: Transformation comes with revolution
12:32 Woman sued for membership of PKK over posting picture of Zapatista woman
11:25 Witnessing a war: The occupation of the masculine mind and women
27/02/2022
14:29 Message from imprisoned politicians to DBP congress: Those who resist will have the last word
11:21 6th Ordinary Congress of DBP kicks off
26/02/2022
15:47 Aykol: Capitalism needs war to get out of its crisis
12:22 Aygül Doku: I will be the voice of Gülistan on March 8
12:21 Şenyaşar family: If we are in the same boat, why is this cruelty?
25/02/2022
16:28 Koç: The solution of the Russia-Ukraine war is in the Third Path
13:12 Sarısözen: The world is paying the price for the deadlock of the Kurdish question
24/02/2022
15:38 Kurdish political prisoner threatened by guard with decapitation
14:56 Drone attack on the Qamishlo-Amude road: 4 injured
14:55 Lawyers of Öcalan submit new application for a meeting with their client
14:55 Student injured in racist attack: Police protected the attackers
23/02/2022
16:01 Family of Gülistan Doku detained
16:00 Doku family stopped by police in front of Ministry of Justice
15:51 Detained YDG member missing
14:41 Law proposal on women's rights submitted to the Federal Kurdistan Parliament