'Turkey must be tried in international courts'

img
NEWS CENTER - Cizîrê Human Rights Group member Evîn Cuma reminded that the use of chemical weapons is the biggest war crime and said that Turkey should be tried in international courts.
 
The Kurds, who have been subjected to policies of extermination and denial throughout history, are now the target of attacks in the Federated Kurdistan Region and Northern and Eastern Syria. After Halabja and Anfal, where thousands of Kurds were massacred with chemical weapons, it continues its attacks on Kurds with similar methods in the Federated Kurdistan Region in cooperation with Turkey's Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP). Continuing its attacks on Zap, Metîna and Avaşîn on April 17 within the scope of the war concept, AKP-KDP is attacking with chemical weapons in many regions.
 
INTERNATIONAL SILENCE 
 
Evîn Cuma, a member of the Cizîrê Human Rights Group, who criticizes the international powers that remain silent on Turkey's use of chemical weapons despite being banned, said that Turkey should be tried in international courts for committing war crimes. Expressing that the use of chemical weapons is an attack not only against people, but also against nature, Cuma said, “The killing of a person with chemical weapons is defined as a war crime. Using chemical weapons to destroy nature is also a crime. These weapons cause great harm to nature and society. Unfortunately, we see that Turkey is using heavy weapons. It was previously used in Afrin, Serêkaniyê and other Rojava regions. Now Turkey is using the same weapons in Southern Kurdistan. Human rights organizations should report these crimes to the relevant authorities. They not only target people, they also destroy nature and the environment."
 
INVESTIGATION IS PREVENTED
 
Stating that Turkey, which continues to use chemical weapons, prevents the investigations and researches into these allegations, Cuma said, “Recently, a delegation wanted to investigate the use of chemical weapons, but it was blocked. No matter what, the truth will out one day."
 
KDP ALLOWS THE ATTACKS
 
Expressing that KDP and Iraqi government allowed Turkey's attacks, Cuma said, "The KDP is complicit in this crime. It is doing this instead of defending their lands. Neither the regional government nor the Baghdad government has responded to questions about this crime.". Noting that Turkey is encouraged by the silence of international powers, Cuma said, "All human rights violations and war crimes are being covered up."" 
 
TURKEY MUST BE PROSECUTED
 
Expressing that human rights organizations and international institutions should break their silence against the use of chemical weapons in Turkey, Cuma said, “The use of chemical weapons in the South and in Rojava should be investigated. There are people who lost their lives as a result of these chemical weapons. The environment was also damaged. All findings should ve investigated. Turkey should be prosecuted for its war crimes.  Turkey should be held responsible before the international community for its violations and crimes. We call on all human rights activists to stand up against these war crimes. The damage caused by chemical weapons is huge and its effects of it continues for years."
 
 

View More Articles

08/10/2022
11:11 Women struggling for Akarsel: Her struggle will grow
06/10/2022
13:37 Police tried to remove Şenyaşar family: This is not your home!
12:20 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
10:09 Hatip Dicle, who knew Akarsel in Ulucanlar Prison: She was a strong-willed and competent comrade
08:44 Zirgan City Hall bombed by Turkey
08:42 Turkish drones shelled Pêncwên
05/10/2022
17:14 Jineology Magazine: Today is the day to carry forward Nagihan's ideology of resistance
16:50 Nagihan Akarsel: We are at the time of freedom
13:41 Reconnaissance will be done in Yüksekova where the explosion took place!
13:38 Salih Müslim: The conspiracy has been going on for 24 years because it did not achieve its goal
12:26 Two journalists given prison sentence because 'they are dangerous'
11:56 UN Special Envoy for Iraq: No neighbor should see Iraq as their backyard
11:56 Turkish MİT Undersecretary meets with Turkmen Headquarters officials the same day Akarsel was murdered
11:55 'Nagihan Akarsel fought for women's freedom'
11:54 Şenyaşar family: Exposing a crime has become a crime
11:20 Armed attack on HDP building in Karlıova
11:19 First two articles of cencorship law accepted
09:30 Killer of Nagihan Akarsel caught
04/10/2022
16:29 Drone attack in Slemani
14:36 Explosion in Yüksekova: At least 3 police officers injured
13:27 Reaction to the murder of Nagihan Akarsel: We know the mentality
13:07 Joint call to the 'March to Freedom' to be held in Kadıköy
12:37 Nagihan Akarsel, member of Jineology Research Center, was murdered
12:14 HPG fighter Mazlum Bahadır laid to rest
12:13 Lawyers of Öcalan submits new application for a visit in İmralı
11:25 Attorney Enmek: Government is trying to silence the Şenyaşar family with investigations
11:12 Abdullah Öcalan's lawyers makes statement regarding CPT visit
10:00 CPT did not give any information about Abdullah Öcalan: The report will be sent in 6 months!
09:59 Explosion near the police station in Hakkari
03/10/2022
14:11 'Which forces protect the perpetrators of Haci Lokman Birlik?'
13:25 Dilşah Ercan, whose name Soylu announced: I went to the mountain because the opportunity for democratic struggle was not left
11:34 HDP: We will not allow the perpetrators of the Vartinis Massacre to be protected
11:05 Abdullah Öcalan I frustrated this conspiracy by staying alive
01/10/2022
17:27 Father whose son was murdered in Iran: He was martyred on the way to freedom
15:13 A kolbar was killed in Piranşar
13:36 Peace Mothers detained in Cizre
13:03 Senyaşar family's condemnation to the silence of the media
13:02 The targeted Ercan family was told to "go to HDP"
12:15 Iran bombed Biradost and Balekayeti
12:10 Berhem Salih: The attacks of Iran and Turkey are a violation of sovereignty
12:09 Pressure grows in Kayseri Prison
10:19 Hakan Arslan's father: We do not accept the festival in Sur, do not go
30/09/2022
14:04 Gülistan Doku has been missing for a thousand days
13:50 Iran's new attack on the Federated Kurdistan Region
13:33 Child exposed to racism battered
12:26 Iranian student: Women started a revolution
12:20 New application submitted by Öcalan's family and legal guardian
11:44 Şenyaşar family: Persecution continues because there is no justice
11:24 Journalist Emer: KDP is helping the invasion of their own lands
09:50 412 names made a statement for support for the resistance in Iran